Friends ask me all the time, “How in the world do you find the time to run your own business and write articles?”
It is not like I am some superwoman!
In fact, if you ask my family, they will inform you that I am far from possessing any powers! I cannot do all things and do them well. So yeah, I am running my own home business, but my laundry pile is competing with Mt. Everest as we speak.
I have also had to make sacrifices along the way in order to find the time to do the things that I love, and I have some tools that help me get things done!
1. Community. I am involved in a few communities of people who hold me accountable to goals. We were not created to go rogue.
2. Exercise. I don’t do it to be skinny, I do it so I don’t go crazy! Talk about a stress reliever! I also do it to be strong for my family!
3. Eating Healthy. I am not talking about digesting low fat foods and food that taste like cardboard. I am talking about eating colorful foods that taste amazing. A diet high in sugar has been connected to anxiety and depression. You never want to start a “diet” that deprives you of the foods that you love or a plan that is so hard and complicated to follow that you will eventually fall off the wagon. You want to choose a plan that can easily fit into your lifestyle and is maintainable for the long run. I get to enjoy a good pizza, tacos, and sweets! I just don’t eat them every single day!
4. Dancing. Yep! That’s right! Some days I just have to dance it out in the middle of my messy kitchen and life!
5. Baths. If mommy is missing, most likely I have locked myself in the bathroom! I love to soak and destress with epsom salt and essential oils!
What tools do you have that help you get things done?